Friday, March 04, 2005

Short memories

"As Pharaoh and his army approached, the people of Israel could see them in the distance, marching toward them. The people began to panic, and they cried out to the LORD for help. Then they turned against Moses and complained, "Why did you bring us out here to die in the wilderness? Weren't there enough graves for us in Egypt? Why did you make us leave? Didn't we tell you to leave us alone while we were still in Egypt? Our Egyptian slavery was far better than dying out here in the wilderness!"" ~ Exodus 14:10-12
When I read this passage, I initially thought, "What a bunch of boobs those Israelites were. God had already demonstrated His power to them in amazing ways (plagues, etc.) and yet they still were unbelieving." But then I thought about my own life and I'm that way sometimes, too. God has demonstrated His power and rescued me so many times, and yet I'm not always faithful. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm alone in this. I think that lots of Christians struggle being faithful through the trials of daily life. I think part of the fix is immersing ourselves in His word and finding practical ways to apply it to our lives. We can't go into spiritual battle (trials) without any weapons. Knowing God's promises and His history of delivering His people will go a long way in helping us to be faithful. Any suggestions on ways that you do this?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing that has really helped me is to keep a journal of answered prayers. At particularly low points in my life I've pulled them out and been reminded of God's faithfulness. Great passage and insights.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Dude, you said "boobs".

5:32 AM  
Blogger willhuntforfood said...

In my best Beavis voice, "heh,heh,heh... boobs rule."

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home