Monday, September 12, 2005

Angel got her wings

Back in June I posted about Susan Torres. She was the pregnant woman on life support and whose husband was struggling to keep her alive with the hopes that the child would survive. It was a race between the fetus' development and the cancer that was ravaging the woman's body. The race was won and Susan Anne Catherine Torres was born about two months premature on August 2 weighing in at 1 pound, 13 ounces. Mommy went home to be with the Lord shortly after Baby Torres’ birth. Victory!

I was saddened to learn that Susan Anne Catherine died today after emergency surgery to repair a perforated intestine. My sister emailed me with the news and it felt like a knee to the hairy gumdrops. As a daddy, I can only imagine the crushing sadness that Jason Torres must be feeling. It really takes the wind out of my sails just to think about it.

On the other hand… I can’t even begin to imagine the reunion that baby and mommy are having. I feel warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. And when Jason reunites with them… holy smokes. THAT is going to be a party. I cannot, for even a second, get my head around that one.

Jason, wherever you are, know that your brothers and sisters are praying for you. I don’t understand why God brought you to this place but your faith inspires me. Hang on till the reunion, it’s going to be a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home