Monday, September 26, 2005

Holding onto it like it's money.

My sister and brother-in-law had the mother of all bbq’s on Saturday to benefit hurricane victims. Good times. They roasted a whole pig and fried a henhouse full of chicken.



There were a ton of accompanying fixins – cornbread, beans, tater salad, tamales, devilled eggs, pea salad, baked taters, and the list goes on but I won’t. I made a concerted effort to feed at least a sampling of each item to my tapeworm and I believe I was successful. It was good. All of it.

That was Saturday evening and here I sit on Monday afternoon still paying for it. I’m so backed up I feel like I’m 16 months pregnant. With twins. I’ve been powering down the fiber all day with no results. Very likely it will knock loose while I’m sitting in the 405’s bumper-to-bumper traffic today at 5:15. Before I leave today I’m going to see if I can fashion some sort of diaper out of a Hefty bag. Cut a few holes for my legs and I should be golden.

In case you're wondering... the grub was worth the present misery.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

That pig looks like he's a prisoner being prepared for electrocution. Combined with the prospect of good eats, it made me feel simultaneously revolted and attracted.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home