Thursday, March 02, 2006

More elevator hijinks

While riding down in the elevator a few moments ago a guy pulls out his cell phone and makes a call:

“Hello? May I speak with Thomas please?”

*pause*

“Yeah, Tom. It’s Jerry. I’m coming to get you. Bye.”

I started cracking up. A few other people snicker. The guy has this “is my zipper down?” look on his face and asks, “What’s funny?”

I said, “Are you going to drop an anvil on his head?” A few more snickers. The guy stared at me blankly.

“My kids love watching you on Cartoon Network, by the way. You’re a lot taller in real life.” The laughs from the other passengers were starting to pick up when a lady added, “And not as furry.” Everybody lost it at that point. Unbridled hilarity. Except for Jerry. The joke had completely escaped him. When the elevator car hit the ground floor Jerry exited first. He paused for a moment and then turned, exclaiming, “F*** you!!” before storming away. Greatest elevator ride ever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sensitivity training being scheduled for Hogskin right now...

9:18 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I really like your quick wit... as long as it's directed at someone else.

8:32 PM  
Blogger N.C. said...

After his outburst, did you tell the guy you prefer blonds?

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home