Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spent

At the risk of being a whiner, I have to say that I really feel like I’ve been pulled through the wringer. As if Monday wasn’t agonizing enough I thought I was getting a kidney stone. I went to the urgent care on Monday evening, peed in a cup and was told there was no blood in it so it’s probably just muscle spasms. Which doesn’t really come as a surprise because I’ve had a backache for about 3 weeks. Certainly the result of sitting in this chair 13 hours a day for 33 days straight. And the fact that I’ve been getting no exercise and have been packing on some more lbs. Anyway, I crawled across the finish line and I’m alive to tell about it. I had every intention of coming into the office yesterday but just couldn’t do it. So I took the day off to spend with Donna, Jack & Joe. We went to the park, fed the ducks, took a long walk, took a nap, took another walk, and just loved being with each other. It was great. As much as I didn’t want to come back to the office today I had to in order to bill clients for the work I’ve done. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from my South Dakota buddy saying he’s in for my annual fishing trip. I’m pretty much on cloud nine. So billings are done, emails been checked, fires have been put out, and I think I’ll get out of here until Monday. Goodbye, all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, the beauty of pee'n in a cup.
glad to hear all is well down and around.
here's the deal, you get in shape and before we get on the road to fish'n we'll catch a 6 or 10k the day before departure (it's LA, they always have some loopy liberal cause to run for, like save the dungbeetle or washed up 'friends' actors).

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home